Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Isaiah Shipley, undergraduate in electrical engineering, received the Jean Shuler Research Mini-Grant from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creativity. The grant provides $500 and is designed to promote scholarly student research under the guidance of a faculty member. Shipley will be mentored by Ying-Chen “Daphne” Chen, assistant professor in the School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems.
- Freshman Dominick Buzonics was recognized as the Big Sky Men’s Tennis Player of the Week after his 5-1 performance in the last home games. This is the first of his career and the second week in a row the NAU men’s team has claimed the conference’s Player of the Week award.
- Sophomore Taylor Jacobsen and senior Heaven Harris, two of NAU’s top volleyball hitters, were named to the spring 2021 All-Big Sky First Team. This is the seventh consecutive season the Lumberjacks have placed multiple players on the First Team.
- Junior soccer player Madison Montgomery was named the Big Sky Offensive Play of the Week after her performance at Idaho State. This is the first weekly honor of her career, and she is close to tying her record of seven goals in one season, having made six goals over six matches.
- The NAU men’s and women’s track and field teams were selected as the top team for their respective sides in the Big Sky Outdoor Track & Field Coaches Preseason Poll. Since 2010, the men’s team has won six outdoor titles with their most recent outdoor championship victory in 2018. The women’s team has claimed three of the last four Big Sky outdoor titles winning in 2016, 2017 and 2018.