Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Keegan Knott, a first–year student at NAU studying exercise physiology and a 10-year U.S. Paralympics swimming competitor, won the bronze medal in the women’s 100–meter backstroke at the Parapan American Games in Santiago, Chile.
- Alumnus Eric Bennett competed in two Parapan-American Game events last week. He won a silver medal in the Men’s Individual Recurve Open Archery event and won a gold with his partner in the Mixed Team Recurve Open event.
- Corina Kellner, professor in the Department of Anthropology, was selected as an Increasing Diversity in Evolutionary Anthropological Sciences (IDEAS) Faculty Scholar for 2024-2025 by the American Association of Biological Anthropologists in recognition of her mentoring to students from marginalized groups for experiential learning in NAU Anthropology’s Paleodiet Lab.
- Sara Rinfret, associate vice provost for faculty affairs and professor of Politics and International Affairs, authored a book, “Street-Level Public Servants: Case Studies for a New Generation of Public Administration”, in which she expands on ending the marginalization of communities in public policy implementation by uncovering unrecognized narratives on the front lines of public administration. T. Mark Montoya, associate dean for curriculum and student affairs in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) and associate professor in the Ethnic Studies Program, collaborated in writing a chapter of Rinfret’s book. The book is available for preorder.
- Junior Casey Craffey and sophomore Mackenna Stocker won the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Swimmer and Diver of the Week awards. This is Craffey’s second straight season in which she has won the WAC Swimmer of the Week award, while Stocker earned an NCAA Zone Cut in the 1-meter, 3-meter and platform events.
- Eight NAU football players were named to Big Sky All-Conference teams:
- Eloi Kwete, defensive lineman, received a spot on the First Team All-Conference Defense squad.
- Coleman Owen, wide receiver, and Jonny Bottorff, offensive lineman, were named Second Team All-Conference Offense.
- Alex McLaughlin and George Steele, defensive backs, were named Second Team All-Conference Defense.
- Devon Starling, running back, Hendrix Johnson wide receiver and Mark Ho Ching, defensive lineman, earned a spot on the honorable mention squad for special teams.