Northern Arizona University will welcome Lumberjack families and friends to Flagstaff for its annual Family Weekend Sept. 26-28.
The festivities kick off Friday night and continue through Sunday with family-friendly activities, food and entertainment. Featured events are listed below and a complete schedule is available online. Events are free and open to families, guests and students unless otherwise noted.
Friday, Sept. 26
- 6 p.m. Family Welcome Reception and Academic Showcase | Native American Cultural Center – The welcome reception features complimentary refreshments and a display of creative and research projects by undergraduate students from across campus.
- 7 p.m. Casino Night | du Bois Center – Casino Night, hosted by students from the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, offers fun for the whole family with casino games, raffles and a silent auction. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for students/children. Proceeds go to the Casino Night Scholarship Fund.
Saturday, Sept. 27
- 7 a.m. 5K Partner Run & 2 Mile Walk | Lumberjack Stadium – The annual family run and walk begins and ends at the Lumberjack Stadium with prizes for the winning teams. Registration is available online through Sept. 26 or in person the morning of the event. Those participating might even find themselves running alongside NAU’s President Rita Cheng!
- 12 p.m. Fall Stew Fest | Native American Cultural Center – The annual stew fest co-hosted by Native American Student Services and the Native American Cultural Center features Native American stews, fry bread and live music.
- 1 p.m. Family Weekend BBQ | Capital Assets Parking Lot P64 – NAU Campus Dining hosts a pregame tailgate and BBQ. Tickets are $14.50 for adults and $7.50 for children. Entry is free for students with a meal plan.
- 4 p.m. NAU Football vs. Cal Poly | Walk-Up Skydome – The big game starts at 4 p.m. when the Lumberjack football team defends the Dome against Cal Poly. Game tickets are available through the Central Ticket Office. Free parking is available in P62 with shuttle service to and from the Skydome. Click here for a map.
Sunday, Sept. 28
- 10 a.m. Family Brunch | du Bois Center – The Family Brunch brings the weekend to a close with a delicious meal and photo slideshow of the weekend. Tickets are $15 for adults and $7.50 for children. Entry is free for students with meal plan.