Kudos to these students.
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Applied linguistics Ph.D. candidate Mark McAndrews received a Language Learning and Dissertation Grant to carry out his dissertation study titled “Prosody Instruction for ESL Listening Comprehension.” He investigates the effects of computer-based intonation learning on the listening comprehension skills of second language learners.
- The Big Sky Conference named senior volleyball player Sydney Lema Offensive Player of the Week, while senior Abby Akin was named the Defensive Player of the Week for their performances at the Seton Hall Classic.
- Sophomore runner Ryan Raff was named the Big Sky Cross Country Athlete of the Week. He won first place by 18 seconds in the 2019 George Kyte Classic, running 4.5-miles with a time of 21:52.
- Sophomore Aleksandra Chekalina was named Big Sky Conference Women’s Golf Player of the Week after finishing third at the Hobble Creek Fall Classic. She has made the top-10 in the Big Sky Conference Championships four times during her time at NAU.
- The Delta Upsilon chapter of Beta Alpha Psi achieved the Superior Status award this past academic year. Beta Alpha Psi is an international honor and service organization for financial and business information students and professionals. The Superior Status award recognizes a high level of student participation in professional meetings and service activities.