In the Student Spotlight: Jan. 31, 2020
Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Junior Jacey Bailey was named the Big Sky Women’s Basketball Ready Nutrition Player of the Week for the first time in her career. Bailey averaged 20.5 points and 12.5 rebounds in performances against Portland State and Sacramento State.
- Senior cross country runner Tyler Day set a new American collegiate record in the Men’s 5K race with a time of 13:16.95. He now holds both the NAU and Big Sky Conference records and will likely qualify for the NCAA Division I Indoor National Championships in the Men’s 5K.
- Last Friday, 40 Northern Arizona University student athletes were awarded Fall Big Sky All-Academic honors.
- Football: Aaron Andrews, DJ Arnson, Brian Barry, Joey Gatewood, Brooklyn Hardiman, Jason Pisano, Anthony Sweeney
- Volleyball: Ryann Davis, Sydney Lema, Neche Newton, Abby Stomp
- Soccer: Taryn Benham, Amanda Bennett, Mei-Te Coco, Abby Donathan, Kalea Gurfield, Tatum Heeres, Kylie Kapustka, Sam Larberg, Paige Maling, Rylee Mitchell, Kiana Miyazato, Madison Montgomery, Sydney Nickell, Emma Robson, Kayla Terhune, Whitney Winans
- Men’s cross country: Geordie Beamish, Cade Burks, Blaise Ferro, Beau Prince, Theo Quax, Ryan Raff, Mitchell Small
- Women’s cross country: Pipi Eitel, Shannon Molvin, Bryn Morley, Delaney Rasmussen, Abby Riordan, Emma Sjolund