Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Taylor Roberts, sophomore in management and information systems management, helped implement a new communication request for the Northern Arizona University Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid using the software application OnBase. ITS application systems analyst Wes Walker and business analyst Jordan Jones assisted Roberts to develop a process that allows NAU staff to organize a call campaign and send mass emails to students while checking the form for more information or revisions when a form comes back from a request.
- UTV Studios, an independent film studio at NAU advised by associate professor of practice in the School of Communication William Carter, produced several successful short films this past year.
- “The Believer,” directed by recent graduate Huntr McMillan and produced by creative media and film student Angela Houston, is a short fiction crime story that won two Los Angeles Independent Short Awards: Silver for Best Student Director 2020 and Gold for Best Crime Short 2020. It was also nominated for four Rocky Mountain Emmy Awards: Best Writer, Best Director, Best Sound and Best Editing.
- “June Heist,” directed by Houston in fall 2019, is about a single mother battling the effects of poverty while fighting for her daughter’s happiness. The short won three Independent Short Awards: Silver Best Acting Duo, Gold Best Student Short Film and Platinum Best Student Director (Female).
- “Skin Deep,” directed by creative media and film student Ember Crowley was awarded Best Student Film at the Calcutta International Cult Film Festival, an award winner for Best Student Film (Female) at the Independent Short Awards and a Best Thriller Short (IMDb qualifier).