Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Jeffrey Hovermill, associate professor of mathematics education, Shannon Guerrero, professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statisitcs, Dana Ernst, associate professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Donelle Ruwe, associate dean in the Department of Professional Educational Programs, Jo’el Johanson, associate teaching professor in STEM education, Theresa Fuller, assistant clinical professor in STEM education, and Chris Aungst, academic support director in professional education programs at the College of Education, are leading the newest Mathematics Teacher Education Partnership (MTEP) Transformers program. Through this partnership with MTEP, they look to redesign secondary mathematics teacher preparation programs, they can help improve STEM teaching and learning for diverse schools and districts.
- NAU ranked No. 3 on the Top D1 Higher Education Institutions on Instagram in the annual Rival IQ Higher Education Social Media Engagement Report. NAU Social’s consistent posting and engagement and leaning into Instagram Reels to leverage the algorithm helped boost NAU’s performance.
- NAU ranked 5th among colleges that support Indigenous students and communities by College Values Online. These rankings are based on a college’s support to Indigenous students and communities and evidence of improving its representation efforts for their community.
- James Bowie, teaching professor in the Department of Sociology, was recently interviewed by British art and design site Creative Bloq, about logos in the fashion industry. Bowie evaluated the logos of Versace, Collection of Style and Comme des Garçons PLAY in his interview.
- NAU earned several rankings on U.S. News & World Report 2024 Best Colleges list. This list evaluated around 1500, four-year degree-granting institutions, on graduate outcomes, academic quality and financial aid offered, among others.