Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- NAU’s Hispanic Heritage Month and Hispanic community were recently featured in several news outlets, including the Yuma Sun, AZ Family and Telemundo Stories:
- AZ Family | Study finds more than half of Hispanic college students considered dropping out
- AZ Family |NAU Yuma offering resources to keep Hispanic students enrolled
- AZ Family YouTube | NAU Yuma offering resources to keep Hispanic students enrolled
- The Phoenix Vibe | NAU Yuma provides support for Hispanic students to ensure their continued enrollment
- Newsbreak Yuma | NAU Yuma offering resources to keep Hispanic students enrolled
- Kevin Hirschi and Marcella Caprario, two Ph.D. students in applied linguistics, attended the 2023 International Research Foundation for the English Language Education (TIRF) Doctoral Dissertation Grants (DDG) program, where they won a prestigious grant for their doctoral research in language education. The grant will help fund the completion of their research and doctorates.
- Regents’ professor Ted Schuur led a team of six researchers from throughout the world in a 19-year study that was recently published in the Royal Society titled “The Philosophical Transactions A issue on ‘Radiocarbon in the Anthropocene’”. This article, which is part of a special issue on radiocarbon, suggests that as the Arctic permafrost melts, it is releasing increased amounts of carbon, thus accelerating climate change.