Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Ann Huffman, a professor in the Department of Psychological Sciences, was named a fellow of the American Psychological Association. Huffman’s work has had a national impact on the field of psychology beyond a local, state or regional level.
- The Department of Psychological Sciences has named their Outstanding Juniors and Seniors of the semester: Deja Kennedy, Ryan Shallcross, Emily Watkins, Dequan Dinkins, Sam Osinga and Maya Rajah. These students were given this recognition based on their stellar academic records and activities related to psychological sciences.
- Amanda Fornabaio, a hotel and restaurant management student, received a $15,000 scholarship from the Arizona Hotel Foundation’s Doug Yonko Memorial scholarship fund. She was recognized at the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association Memorial Golf Tournament, which raises money for hospitality-industry scholarships.
- RJ Martinez was named Big Sky Freshman of the Year for his performance over this season. Martinez is the first quarterback to receive this honor since 2016. Nine other players received all-conference honors:
- Kevin Daniels, Big Sky Second Team honors
- Morgan Vest, Big Sky Second Team honors
- Jonas Leader, Big Sky Third Team honors
- Coleman Owen, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- Hendrix Johnson, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- Harrison Beemiller, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- Tristen Vance, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- Carson Taylor, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- DJ Arnson, Big Sky Honorable Mention
- Regents’ professor Julie Baldwin was named a Community-Engaged Researcher by the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD). NIMHD recognized Baldwin for her work to advance minority health and her health disparities research.