Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Northern Arizona University has been identified as one of the top colleges that support Indigenous students and communities by College Values Online. These rankings are based on a college’s support to Indigenous students, support to Indigenous communities and evidence of improving its efforts.
- Anthony Maue, graduate student in the Department of Astronomy and Planetary Sciences, and Devon Burr, professor in the Department of Astronomy and Planetary Sciences, had their research published in Science Direct. They studied how ice cobbles in liquid nitrogen and methane rivers on Titan, Saturn’s largest moon, use a cryogenic rock tumbler named the Titan Tumbler.
- The W. A. Franke College of Business’s MBA program has been recognized as one of the Best Business Schools for 2022 by The Princeton Review. These rankings are based on a college’s classroom experience, career prospects after graduation, professors, resources and competitiveness.
- Northern Arizona University has been recognized as one of the top Green Colleges in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges: 2022 Edition.
- Fred DeMicco, director of the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, was the chair speaker for the panel discussion “Hospitality in Healthcare and Senior Living: Opportunities and Challenges,” at the 6th World Research Summit for Hospitality and Tourism conference.
- Alumnus Richard Ludeke was awarded the Iowa Governor’s Life Saving award after saving the life of Minidi Wikstrom, a 21-year-old motorist who was involved in a serious collision that left her fighting for her life.
- Jut Wynne, assistant research professor in the Department of Biological Sciences, has been selected as a Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer. Sigma Xi is an international scientific research honor society and Wynne is one of 23 lecturers chosen to represent the society for 2022-23.
- David Miles, a faculty member in the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, was published in Lawn Love’s 2022’s Best and Worst Cities for Layovers. Miles gives advice on how to navigate holiday travel and reduce stress when flying.
- Completing the season with a historic performance against the Cal Poly Mustangs last month, NAU running back Kevin Daniels was named to the 2021 FCS Freshman All-American Team by Hero Sports.