Kudos to these faculty, staff, students and programs
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Kevin Gurney, professor in the School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems, was a co-author of the most recent United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report. He is the only author from Arizona and AZ Central has written two articles about how this climate report relates to the state.
- The NAU Esports League of Legends Team won the Big Sky Conference with a 20-0 record. This is the team’s first major Esports title, and they have qualified for the Collegiate Championships.
- Northern Arizona University is ranked No. 32 overall for its journalism and broadcasting program by the Broadcasting Education Association. NAU also ranked No. 21 for its audio program, No. 16 for its news program and No. 13 for its sports program.
- Northern Arizona University has been ranked in the top 5 percent of all universities worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings. This ranking is out of 19,788 universities and is based on education, employability, faculty and research.
- Charn McAllister, assistant professor in The W. A. Franke College of Business, has published an article titled “Equity in the Hybrid Workplace.” The article discusses how both managers and employees can work together to maintain equity between in-person, remote and hybrid work arrangements.
- NAUPD has been reaccredited for the ninth time by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies. Missy Freshour, chief of police and associate vice president of Public Safety, sat before the commission board and received NAUPD’s meritorious designation.
- Ava Neyestani was named Big Sky Women’s Tennis Player of the Week. This follows her perfect 4-0 run against the University of Montana. This is the third consecutive week an NAU women’s tennis player has won this award.
- NAU alum Temperance Tinker-Kays was awarded with a $25,000 Milken Educator award for her work as an English teacher at West High School in Anchorage, Alaska. She graduated from NAU in 2003 with a bachelor’s degree in anthropology.
- Richard McNeill, professor in the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, is a co-author on a recently published article titled “Time for Change: Tools Enhancing Competitive Advantage in the Wine Business.” This article uses South Africa as a case study to understand strategy implementation in the win industry.
- Sanjam Ahluwalia, professor and director of women’s and gender studies and professor of history, has received a Senior Short-Term Research Fellowship from the American Institute of Indian Studies. Ahluwali will conduct archival research in India, examining English and Hindi language films produced by the Films Division of India (FDI) from the 1940s-2000s and explore FDI’s messaging on population control, family planning and small families’ abilities to ensure and bestow bourgeois familial happiness.