Oct. 10, 2019
As the days get shorter and the nights cool off, Northern Arizona University prepares for our annual Homecoming celebration. Come celebrate 120 years of academic excellence. Festivities begin Monday, Oct. 21 and conclude on Sunday, Oct. 27.
The week is packed with student, alumni and community events all leading up to the big football game against Portland State. Some highlights are downtown night out with the community, the dedicatee banquet, pep rally with chili cook-off, Homecoming parade, women’s sporting events and alumni breakfast.
The schedule of events is listed below. Student-only events are marked with an asterisk and students must present a valid student ID. Additional information can be found on the Homecoming website.
Monday, Oct. 21
- Make It Monday*, 7-9 p.m., University Union – This is an opportunity for students to gather and make festive decorations to show their Lumberjack spirit.
Tuesday, Oct. 22
- NAU Downtown Night Out, 4-7 p.m., Heritage Square – Downtown Night Out gathers the campus and community together to kick off Homecoming week. There will be games and live music to celebrate Lumberjack life. Wearing blue and gold is encouraged.
- Ultimate Lumberjack Challenge*, 7 p.m., Union Point – This will decide who has the ultimate Lumberjack spirit.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Dedicatee Banquet, 6 p.m., Ashurst Auditorium (need tickets) – The banquet honors a faculty or staff member, selected by students, who has been at the university for at least 10 years. This person embodies the values and true spirit of Northern Arizona University. This year, Brandon Cruickshank was named Homecoming Dedicatee. Read more about his tapping online. Tickets for the banquet are $15 and can be purchased through the Central Ticket Office.
Thursday, Oct. 24
- Women’s Volleyball vs Northern Colorado, 6:30 p.m., Rolle Activity Center
- Traditions Day Pep Rally, Bonfire and Chili Cook-off*, 7 p.m., Central Quad–Gear up for the weekend by sharing the warmth of a friendly bonfire and evening of chili tasting with friends.
Friday, Oct. 25
- Carnival*, 4 p.m., University Union Pedway/P11 – Bring a student ID and enjoy fun games and prizes with friends.
- Women’s Soccer vs Weber State, 7 p.m., Lumberjack Stadium
Saturday, Oct. 26
- Flannels and Flapjacks*, 8:30 a.m., Central Quad – Be sure to bring your NAU ID and arrive early to enjoy a free pancake breakfast while supplies last.
- Café au Louie – Alumni Breakfast, 9:30 a.m., 1899 Bar & Grill – Current students and alumni gather together for a buffet-style breakfast before stepping outside to enjoy the Homecoming parade. Tickets can be purchased online. Advanced tickets are $10 or $15 at the door.
- Homecoming Parade, 11:30 a.m., Campus Perimeter – The Homecoming parade starts at the corner of Knoles and Dupont. Floats made by students and the surrounding community come together with high school marching bands to fill the streets of campus. A complete detailed map of the parade route can be found online.
- Tailgate, 1 p.m., J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome – This is pregame fun for the whole family. Relax with fellow Lumberjack families and enjoy food, games and giveaways following the parade.
- Football vs Portland State, 4 p.m., J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome – Wear blue and gold and come ready to cheer on the NAU Lumberjacks in their game against Portland State. Tickets start at $23 and can be purchased through the Central Ticket Office.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- Women’s Soccer vs Idaho State, 1 p.m., Lumberjack Stadium