The entire Lumberjack family is invited to attend the 2020 Virtual Alumni Awards Ceremony, an annual university tradition that takes place at the conclusion of Homecoming and celebrates the success of distinguished NAU graduates. The event has interactive elements leading up to a final awards ceremony.
From Nov. 2-6, follow @NAUAlumni on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see preparations for a pre-show, hear from past winners, meet this year’s honorees and show off your Blue Carpet looks while staying up-to-date on all things #NAUHomecoming.
At noon on Nov. 7, join the Blue Carpet pre-show where hosts will live stream on the @NAUAlumni social media accounts. Hear from hosts as the minutes wind down to begin the final awards ceremony as attendees and honorees put the final touches on their awards show looks.
At 4 p.m. on Nov. 7, honor NAU’s best—a group of honorees who exemplify what is means to be a Lumberjack and students who brought their aspirations to NAU and achieved more after graduation and beyond.
For the latest updates on the schedule and additional information on the 2020 honorees, visit the Virtual Alumni Awards Ceremony 2020 homepage.
Preview the 2020 honorees.
President’s Alumni Awards
This award honors an exceptional alumnus or alumna from each academic college whose service and accomplishments embody the university’s tradition of excellence.
- Carlos Nakai ’79, ’94 – College of Arts and Letters
- William Kapfer ’93, ’97 – College of Education
- Albert Hugo-Martinez ’68 – College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences
- Bill Schroeter ’80 – College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
- Carl DeRosa ’04 – College of Health and Human Services
- Teresa Bartels ’74 – College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- James Upchurch ’80 – The W.A. Franke College of Business
Alumni Association Distinguished Alumni Awards
The NAU Alumni Association bestows five awards to distinguished alumni who have demonstrated excellence in their careers, performed extraordinary community service and volunteerism or embodied and promoted the spirit of the university.
- Karolyn Kent ’91 – Distinguished Citizen of the Year
- Damon Clarke ’86, ’91, ’98 – Dwight Patterson Alumnus of the Year
- Craig Smith ’13 – Excellence in Achievement by a Recent Graduate
- Michael Swinarski ’99 – Jeff Ferris Volunteer of the Year
- Greg and Nancy Wilson ’82 – Joe and Marie Rolle Spirit of NAU
The W. A. Franke College of Business Hall of Fame
In 2003, the W. A. Franke College of Business National Advisory Board formalized its Hall of Fame to recognize the achievements of one or more outstanding alumni, faculty and friends every year.
- David Damron ’94
- Anne Niemiec ‘92
- Robert Stuckey ‘92
- David Williams ’61, ‘80
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Hall of Fame
For more than a decade, the SBS Hall of Fame has recognized NAU alumni who have made significant contributions to the university, community or their career.
- Suzanne Goodspeed ‘91
- James McCarthy ‘71