Aug. 22, 2019
NAU’s Department of Theatre unveiled its 2019-20 season schedule seeking to tell familiar stories with a new spin. The season’s theme, Retold, Relived and Reimagined, is brought to life with four main productions.
“Each playwright in our new season is telling a familiar tell in a reimagined way,” says theatre chair Kathleen McGeever.
Seeking to restructure the student experience, the company will travel to northern Arizona schools to perform.
Performances will take place in the NAU Performing and Fine Arts Complex (Bldg. 37 on the Flagstaff campus).
- “The Yellow Boat,” by David Saar: Oct. 4-6
- “Playing With Fire: After Frankenstein,” by Barbara Field: Nov. 8-17
- “Eurydice,” by Sarah Ruhl: Feb. 21-March 1
- “Sense and Sensibility,” by Kate Hamill: April 17-26
Tickets and season ticket packages can be purchased at the NAU Central Ticket Office or by calling (928) 523-5661.
Bonus workshops, student plays and theatre expo plans to demonstrate student research, performance and design projects:
- Backstage at NAU Theatre: TBD, $10
- Puppet Show: Nov. 22-23, $5 donation
- Student-directed plays: Dec. 5-7, free
- NAU Theatre expo: April 1-2, $5 donation