Northern Arizona University will welcome Lumberjack families and friends to Flagstaff for its second annual Family Winter Weekend on Feb. 21-22.
Featured events are listed below and a complete schedule is available online. Events are free and open to families, guests and students unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, Feb. 21
- 10 a.m. Indoor Aerial Adventure Challenge | NAU Recreation Center – Participants will traverse 10 distinct obstacles 25 feet above the ground on the Indoor Challenge Course at NAU. The experience will last about one and a half hours. Preregistration is available by calling (928) 523-1733. Cost is $10 per person. Click here to learn more about the course.
- 11 a.m. Welcome Reception | Ashurst Hall – Parent and Family Services hosts a continental breakfast for all Family Winter Weekend attendees to kick off the weekend.
- 2 p.m. NAU Men’s Basketball vs. Eastern Washington | Skydome – The Lumberjack men’s basketball team takes on Eastern Washington at home in the Dome. Game tickets are $8 and include a voucher for a free popcorn. They can be purchased game day at the Skydome or in advance at the Central Ticket Office. Students get in free with JacksCard.
- 6 p.m. Axe of Talent | Prochnow Auditorium – NAU will hold its first university-wide talent show featuring acts by talented students, faculty and staff.
Sunday, Feb. 22
- 3 p.m. NAU Symphony and Chamber Orchestra | Ardrey Memorial Auditorium – The NAU Orchestras will celebrate student achievement with a virtuosic program to close out the weekend. The concert will feature guest conductor Jacob Harrison, the 2015 Concerto Competition winners and a performance of Aaron Coplan’s Appalachian Spring. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for seniors. Free for attendees 17 and younger and NAU students with JacksCard.