The trend of graduates satisfied with their NAU experience continues.
Ninety-six percent of graduating seniors said their overall experience at NAU was “excellent” or “very good.”
The graduates responded to surveys from NAU’s Office of Planning, Budget and Institutional Research.
The surveys assess student satisfaction and opinions about their experience at the university, while also addressing specific questions asked by the Arizona Board of Regents for the annual Undergraduate Consolidated Accountability Report. Key findings include:
- Ninety-six percent of graduating senior respondents reported their overall experience at NAU as excellent or very good. In 2005, 98 percent of graduating senior respondents indicated satisfaction with their overall experience at NAU.
- Ninety-seven percent of respondents majoring in engineering or natural sciences were satisfied with the level of academic challenge of coursework.
- Ninety-five percent of respondents majoring in education reported satisfaction with the overall quality of the department.
- Eighty-seven percent of the respondents would choose NAU again if they were given the opportunity.
- Sixty-four percent of respondents reported they plan to get a job related to their major; 43 percent plan to attend graduate school; 15 percent plan to get a job not in their major, 18 percent plan to travel, and 10 percent of respondents are unsure of their plans.
- Ninety-three percent of respondents reported they were satisfied or very satisfied with the faculty.
- Eighty-five percent respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with their experience outside the classroom while attending NAU.
Results from the 1,361 respondents are available by campus and college and can be read online.