On Sept. 12, 31 Northern Arizona University directors, assistant directors, managers and team leaders earned certificates of completion at the Supervisors Academy graduation ceremony.
Participants in the program, which began with the first cohort in 2013, are required to complete an eight-hour supervisor orientation and 12 professional development sessions to further develop the skills needed to become successful leaders within their departments.
During her congratulatory speech, President Rita Cheng commended the graduates for their exemplary commitment to NAU.
“To be successful in years to come, we need great leadership from every level of our organization to recruit, retain and engage the talented people that help NAU thrive and ultimately allow us to successfully achieve our mission,” she said.
The following NAU employees completed their supervisor training and were honored at the graduation ceremony:
- Allison Jourden, Ecological Restoration Institution
- Amelia Carver, Registrar’s Office
- Amy McCoy, CHS Medical Services
- April Cook, ITS Enterprise Information Solutions
- Benjamin Keeler, CHS Medical Services
- Bill Marsh, Facility Services
- Carl Turner, Shuttle Services
- Cherisse Kutyreff, Athletics
- Cheryl Brothers, Human Resources
- Cody Canning, Academic Transition Programs
- Daniel Eadens, COE Educational Leadership
- Gabriel Gurrola, Facility Services
- Heidi Toth, Communications and Media Relations
- Ivan Ochsner, Office of Sponsored Projects
- Jason D. Robinson, ITS Enterprise Information Solutions
- JJ Bogs, Veteran and Transfer Services
- Karin Ross, Office of Sponsored Projects
- Katherine Florman, EMSA Financial Services
- Kelley McKee, Campus Recreation Services
- Kerry Bennett, Marketing
- Kyle Hamilton Cawood, ITS Enterprise Information Solutions
- Laura Bounds, Health Sciences
- Megan K. Gavin, CHS Counseling Services
- Michael Przydzial, Campus Recreation Services
- Natalie Cawood, Sociology and Social Work
- Ora Marek-Martinez, Native American Cultural Center
- Sarah Hunter, Engineering
- Scott Perelstein, Facility Services
- Shannon Clark, Student Life
- Stephanie Smith, Alumni Engagement
- Vivek Bongu, ITS
For more information about the Supervisors Academy at NAU, contact Cassie Petit in Human Resources at (928) 523-9338 or Cassandra.Petit@nau.edu.