Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- On Monday, Tyler Day and Ashley Taylor were named the Big Sky Conference men’s and women’s track athletes of the week for their performance at the Payton Jordan Invitational. Day recorded the best time in the nation in the men’s 10,000-meter race while Taylor recorded the second-best time in the Big Sky Conference in the women’s 800-meter dash.
- Undergraduate student researcher Austin Dikeman received four awards last month: the Barry Goldwater Scholarship, NAU award of excellence in undergraduate inquiry and creativity, a Paul A. Sciame scholarship and a third-place finish at NAU UGRADS for her bacterial infection research with the Pathogen and Microbiome Institute. Dikeman will also be completing an internship in Paris this summer at the Marie Curie Institute.
- The Cline Library research librarians recognized presenters at the Undergraduate Symposium for their outstanding efforts. Those recognized are Zachary Barrand, James Potvin, Daniel Valencia, Julian Herring, Naser Alosaimi, Justin McCallin, Matthew Sussman, Jalando Edison, Selena Arandia, Amanda King, Jennifer Luzader, Ryane Jerger, Gage Holcomb, Madison Anglin, Dulce Alfaro, Rene Quinteros and Elora Palmer.
- Daniel Berzins won the Bachelor of University Studies award for outstanding capstone presentation at the Spring 2018 Undergraduate Symposium held on April 27. His poster presentation reviewed research on plants and naturally occurring compounds that can be used to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Northern Arizona men’s tennis juniors Tim Handel, Lucas Taylor and Thomas Fisher garnered All-Conference accolades after concluding the season 9-2 and finishing with a second-place mark. Handel, a Reutlingen, Germany, native, also was voted the Big Sky’s Most Valuable Player for the second straight year.