Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- NAU Yuma social work student Carlos Ramos was elected to the National Association of Social Workers (Arizona chapter) Board of Directors as the BSW student representative. He will serve on the board for one year and hopes to increase student involvement in the NASW. Ramos’ goals include earning his master’s degree in social work after graduation from NAU Yuma and to land a career as a macro practitioner. Ramos also was elected to serve as the NAU Yuma Social Work Student Association president last spring.
- Lambda Pi Eta in the School of Communication was named national chapter of the year out of more than 500 active chapters in the United States. Lambda Pi Eta is sponsored by the National Communication Association. The intercollegiate honors society is part of NAU’s 2+2 degree program located at Glendale Community College.
- Kristin Leonard, a recent master’s graduate from the English, Literature program at NAU, had an essay published in August for The Explicator. The essay was written for her literature coursework on the use of museum exhibitions and windowed spaces in Charles Dickens’ novel, “The Old Curiosity Shop.”
- NAU student Erika Manilla was named Female Athlete of the Year by the United States Racquetball Association. Erika is looking forward to this season as well as participating in the racquetball U.S. Open.
- Student Production Award nominations for the 40th Annual Rocky Mountain Emmys were recently announced. Several of NAU’s students received nominations: Alejandro Higuera and Kristina Casto for “Miss Indian NAU;” Bibbi Beatrice Abruzzini for “Brian”; Yesenia De Garcia and Sakya Calsoyas for “Cop Punch;” Eric Joseph Lynch for “Sugar;” Xavier Rangel for “Anchor Xavier Rangel;” Yesenia De Garcia for “Yesenia De Garcia.” Awards will be given out in October in Phoenix.