Kudos to these faculty and staff
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Jut Wynne, assistant research professor in the Department of Biological Sciences, authored an article published in the Scientific American about his recent cave ecology expedition to Parque Natural Sierra de las Nieves in Andalusia, Spain. In “Spanish Caves Reveal a Trove of Biological Treasures,” Wynne recounts how he and his team identified several study sites, collected cave invertebrate specimens and encountered bats or evidence of bats.
- NAU’s public administration bachelor degree was ranked No. 6 in Affordable College’s list of 20 Affordable Online Bachelor Degrees in Public Administration. The ranking considered 11 data points in financial, student success and program metrics and highlighted the program’s emphasis on experiential learning that links theory to specific problems and case studies.
- Kate Ellis, associate professor of costume design in the Department of Theatre, returned to the Tony Award-winning Utah Shakespeare Festival as a costume technologist. Ellis has worked with the company for many years and has been praised for her work with esteemed designers.
- NAU’s Counseling/School Psychology program has been granted initial, on contingency, accreditation by the American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation. Faculty and staff in the Department of Educational Psychology have spent nearly two years working toward accreditation.
- Steven Barger, professor in Psychological Sciences, authored an invited commentary from the American Heart Association for Professional Heart Daily. “Improving Cardiovascular Health Through American Heart Association Funded Research” discusses how research sponsors and peer review helps advance the AHA mission by funding research most likely to impact human health.
- Northern Arizona University was ranked No. 6 in Best Colleges’ list for The 22 Best Military-Friendly Colleges for 2017. NAU honors the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program, and the Veteran Success Center offers a place for veterans to meet and relax without disruptions.
- Times Higher Education ranked Northern Arizona University in the 401-500 decile for World University Rankings 2018. NAU’s highest ranking, citations, received a score of 91.6 percent, putting NAU in the top 10 percent for that category.