Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Fredricka Stoller, professor of English, recently returned from Timor Leste. As a Fulbright Specialist, Stoller’s visit focused on academic literacy training for university faculty and students.
- George Rudebusch, professor of philosophy, co-edited Ancient Ethics with Jorg Hardy of the Free University of Berlin. The 500-page volume includes 25 essays that discuss ancient ethical thinking, epistemological and cosmological matters. Among the contributors is Julie Piering, the NAU Richard Wood Professor for the Teaching of Philosophy.
- Ken Lorek, the Ralph M. Bilby Endowed Chair in The W.A. Franke College of Business, had an article titled “A Critical Assessment of the Time-Series Literature in Accounting Pertaining to Quarterly Accounting Numbers” accepted for publication in Advances in Accounting.
- Several NAU faculty members contributed chapters in the recently published book Models for Improving and Optimizing Online and Blended Learning in Higher Education. Astrid Klocke, associate professor for comparative cultural studies, co-authored the chapter “Blending in the Humanities: Course Model and Assessment Results.” Ishmael Munene, professor of educational leadership, along with Flower Darby and John Doherty of the e-Learning Center wrote the chapter titled “Blended for Student Engagement and Retention: The Case of Cinema and Visual Culture and Healthy Lifestyle Studies.” Both chapters explore the success of NAU blended programs in student engagement and retention at the undergraduate level.
- Northern Arizona University has earned 10 student Emmy nominations from the Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Mari Cleven, Andrew Moraca, Chris Binning, Emani Payne, Aaron Benally, Jenna Lyter, Alexander Finden and Javeon Butler were named in the nomination. The Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter is a member of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, serving Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and El Centro, Calif. The 2014 Rocky Mountain Emmy Award winners will be announced Oct. 18 in Scottsdale.