Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Northern Arizona University had a strong showing and took home several awards at last week’s Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences annual Emmy Awards ceremony in Phoenix. With a dozen nominations, NAU students and staff took home four awards.
- NAU-TV producer-photographer Jerry Anderfuren won a professional Emmy—after receiving four total nominations—for the commercial “We are NAU.”
- Derek Ellis and Alex Thomas won a student Emmy for their fiction film short, The Mutable Life of Oscar Clark, produced for their senior capstone with Paul Helford and Janna Jones. Both attended the event, along with several others from the project.
- Thirteen students won NAU’s first Emmy in the College/University Student Production category for The FLG Show, produced for lecturer Angele Anderfuren’s spring EMF323W class. Kevin Bertram, Corbin Gillespie, Jieqiong He, Aggie Kufrin, Gus Margiotta, Delainey Noe, Natasha Reeves, Caleb Renfro, Crystal Rivers, Tawney Summers, Dani Tamcsin, Lauren Wyatt and Chelsea Zimmerman collaborated on the project. Noe, Reeves, Rivers and Zimmerman attended the ceremony.
- Derek Ellis won a student Emmy for a news story produced for Angele Anderfuren’s EMF325 class last spring, called View from the Magic Carpet.
- Associate professor Dale Hoskins was inducted into the Silver Circle Society for his service and dedication to the broadcast television industry.
- Karen Pedersen, associate vice president for Extended Campuses, and Tom Carpenter, assistant vice president for Extended Programs and NAU Television Services, traveled to Jakarta, Indonesia, at the invitation of the International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program of the U.S. Department of Justice. They spent two weeks providing training in distance learning practices and technology to 55 members of the faculty of the Police Science College (Perguruan Tinggi Ilmu Kepolisian-Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kepolisian) of the Indonesian National Police.