Kudos to these faculty and staff
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Northern Arizona University was ranked No. 1 in the state for online colleges by OnlineColleges.com. The results were based on tuition, number of students enrolled and the online programs offered.
- Matt A. Casado, professor emeritus, has published the book “El Sudoeste Hispano.” The work, published in Spanish, narrates the exploration, colonization and annexation by the United States of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. It describes events that took place in these territories from 1529 to 1848.
- Lisa Skinner, senior lecturer in School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability, along with Flower Darby, Wally Nolan and Kristin Zika, shared expertise on adaptive learning challenges and opportunities through technology as part of a grant NAU received from the APLU. Contributing to the national conversation around increasing student success and improving persistence in the classroom has helped NAU to maintain its position as a leader in higher education.
- Regents’ Professor of Politics and International Affairs Zachary Smith recently presented his paper “Political and Cultural Diversity in the United States: Implications for Democracy” at the International Conference on Education, Culture and Society in Wroclaw, Poland.
- Vice provost for academic affairs Pauline Entin and associate director Todd Firth recently presented NAU’s Jacks Planner at the EDCUSAE Learning Initiative Online Event. NAU was one of four institutions invited to present at the session entitled “Degree Planning as an Essential Part of Addressing Student Success.”
- Bill Carter, assistant professor of practice in creative media and film, produced a video that was featured during a U2 concert in Phoenix in September, when they commemorated the 20th anniversary of the U2 concert in Sarajevo, Bosnia. Carter’s film, “Miss Sarajevo” was produced by Bono, U2’s lead vocalist.
- NAU-TV’s Jerry Anderfuren won a Rocky Mountain Emmy Award for writing NAU’s “Create Your Stage” promo. He also received an Emmy for photography in a short form category.