Kudos to these faculty and staff
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Anthony Odell, emeritus professor from the Department of Physics and Astronomy, has been invited to lecture at the International School for Young Astronomers in Kunming, China. He will talk about Stellar Evolution and Data Reduction of Spectra, as well as Stars and Exoplanets.
- The Northern Arizona College Resource Center is the recipient of the Postsecondary Education Pathways Award by the Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education. This award was established to recognize and showcase exceptional college access programs that support Arizona students. The awards ceremony will take place from 7:45-8:50 a.m. on Dec. 8 at Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale.
- Two of NAU’s faculty members, Andrew Richardson from the School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems, and Greg Caporaso from the Department of Biological Sciences, were named 2017 Highly Cited Researchers by Clarivate Analytics. Their research was ranked among the top 1 percent most cited works in their field during its year of publication, earning the mark of exceptional impact.
- Northern Arizona University recently has been ranked No. 1 on a list of Best Online Colleges in Arizona by TheBestColleges.org. The organization highlighted the 46 bachelor’s degrees offered online as well as graduate-level programs, including 24 master’s degrees and one doctoral degree. Distance learners can access online library resources, technical support and tutoring through the Student Learning Centers.
- Jane Armstrong, a professor of creative writing, has been selected for a literature creative writing (prose) fellowship through the National Endowment for the Arts. Armstrong, who has had her work published in Newsweek, The North American Review, Connecticut Review, New Orleans Review and elsewhere, is one of 36 professors from throughout the country selected for the fellowship.