Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Ishmael I. Munene, professor of educational leadership, had a book published in Routledge’s series on international and comparative education. Multi-campus University Systems: African and Kenyan Experience makes use of empirical data collected during extensive fieldwork in Kenya along with documentary resources on the rest of the continent to compare policies and strategies used in the establishment of campuses, both within and beyond national boundaries.
- Richard Hofstetter, professor of forestry, was featured in the documentary series Infestation. The Stornoway Productions film examines the invasive species and pests that threaten forests, waterways, food and cities. Hofstetter can be seen in episode three “Forests Under Attack,” in which he discusses his research involving the role of bark beetles in influencing the structure and evolution of pine forest ecosystems. The series will be broadcast in Canada on iChannel & Oasis Channel and in UK on UKTV.
- Fifteen NAU employees recently participated in a 70-hour long supervisory academy conducted by Arizona Governmental Training Service. The intensive academy sessions are conducted one day a week for three months and cover subjects including team building, conflict resolution, interpersonal communication, performance management and best practices in hiring processes. The following employees completed the program:
- Katelyn Sherer, senior program coordinator in the College of Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences
- Scott Hoefle, director for the W.A. Franke College of Business
- James Moses, application systems analyst and senior programmer for Information Technology Services
- Mark Young, application systems analyst team lead for Information Technology Services
- Cynthia Catizone, manager for NAU-TV Services
- Nancy Jensen, associate director for Extended Campuses
- Erik Sather, producer for NAU-TV Services
- Corrie Buchanan, program coordinator for Extended Campuses
- Deidra Watson, senior academic advisor for Extended Campuses
- Dylan Turner, manager for Printing Services
- Kaitlyn Wightman, marketing specialist for Extended Campuses
- Monica Bai, director for Gateway Student Success Center
- Susan Dietrich, grounds supervisor for Facility Services
- Danielle Donaldson, recruitment coordinator for Admissions
- Christine Drake, advising coordinator for the W.A. Franke College of Business