Kudos to these staff and faculty
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- GreenPal ranked Northern Arizona University 29th in its list of the 35 Most Pristine College Campuses in America. The list notes the San Francisco Peaks, Walkup Skydome and Engineering Building as contributing factors to NAU’s ranking.
- Several education leadership faculty members and doctoral candidates presented at the Teaching, Colleges and Community 2018 Online Conference “Navigating the Digital Landscape.” Joan Henry, Wally Delecki, Mary Dereshiwsky, Frances Riemer and Bradley Barrett presented “Social Media Use by Arizona K-12 Public Unified School District Superintendents.” The second presentation, “Analyzing Student Success in Hybrid Anatomy and Physiology Courses,” was presented by Jacqueline Levy, Wally Delecki, Mary Dereshiwsky, Kris Ewing and Rachel Smith.
- Best Colleges ranked Northern Arizona University No. 11 on its list of Best Online Bachelor’s in Health Science Programs. Programs were ranked based on academic quality, affordability and online programming.
- Journalism and communication instructor Alexa DuMity’s article “A League of Their Own: Are Professional Sports Leagues in Control of Their Franchise Team’s Bankruptcy Filing?” was published in the Sports and Entertainment Law Journal. The article explores bankruptcy in Arizona sports teams.
- Jamie Rivkin, advising coordinator for the Gateway Student Success Center, received the Service Professional Advisory Council Leadership award for 2017-18. Rivkin was selected by a committee of her peers for going above and beyond in her assignments.
- Sharon Moses from the Department of Anthropology received a National American Academy of Forensic Science award for forensic archaeology methods and best practices in a crime scene investigation. This prestigious acknowledgment is bestowed annually to a member of the American Academy of Forensic Science, a membership that is highly competitive, to recognize a rising star in the forensic sciences.
- Northern Arizona University has been recognized as a 2017 Tree Campus USA. This national program honors colleges and university leaders for promoting healthy trees and engaging students and staff in the spirit of conservation. NAU was recognized based on the five core standards of the program including the establishment of a tree advisory committee, evidence of a campus tree-care plan, dedicated annual expenditures for its campus tree program, Arbor Day observances and sponsorship of student service-learning projects.
- Business professor T. Paul Thomas was featured on Wallet Hub, where he discussed the importance of credit cards to new business owners and what they should be aware of when getting business lines of credit.
- Northern Arizona University has been named the 2017-18 Champion of the Big Sky Conference for the EPA’s College & University Green Power Challenge. Green power accounts for 14 percent of NAU’s annual electricity use, generating green power from an on-site renewable solar energy system.