Recent national rankings highlight NAU’s national reputation for excellence in academic programs, research and online education.
NAU was ranked No. 1 for its flexible online degree program offerings for working adults by Study.com. Study.com provides resources for more than 40 million monthly visitors researching potential schools, degrees, and careers. It selected NAU based on its more than 30 years of academic excellence in online learning as well as resources and degree programs available to online students and working adults looking for flexible degree programs.
Intelligent.com has ranked a number of online programs as among the nation’s best:
- 1 in online nursing degree programs
- 1 in online master’s in early childhood education
- 2 in online early childhood education programs (ranked best in the Southwest)
- 9 in online business administration degree program (ranked best in the Southwest)
- 10 in online master’s in science education degree programs (ranked best in the Southwest)
- 11 in online social work programs (ranked best in the Southwest)
- 12 in online hospitality management programs (ranked best in the Southwest)
- 21 in online masters of education programs (ranked best for ESL degrees)
The National Science Foundation also recently ranked NAU as one of the country’s top research universities. NAU broke through the country’s top 200 research universities, reaching No. 196 among all universities and No. 144 among public universities. Taking into account research expenditures, NAU rose to No. 93 among universities without a medical school and No. 75 among public universities without a medical school.
These rankings are a recognition of NAU’s excellent academic programs and research endeavors and highlight the value it offers students and contributions it makes to local communities.
As NAU’s national recognition grows, it sharpens its degree offerings in high-demand fields, leading to a stronger Arizona workforce, and ensuring the best possible jobs for graduates, helping to strengthen the state’s economy and benefitting communities locally and around the world.