Northern Arizona University is introducing a new safety alert system. The NAUSafe app features notifications, alerts, tools for responding to an emergency and tips for staying safe on campus.
The app, which will be available to download soon, makes it easier for students to navigate campus resources and access the help they need with resources compiled in one place. All current and incoming NAU students, faculty and staff should do the following to make the most of the NAUSafe app:
- Update and verify all contact information in LOUIE is correct.
- Choose the NAU campus location from which you would like to receive notifications.
- Sign up for emergency alert notifications from numerous Arizona counties.
Features and benefits of the app include the following:
- Location tracking—Students can send live location tracking to a friend to monitor their path to an intended destination. The friend can place a 911 call if necessary.
- Direct emergency services contact—Students can directly contact emergency services. The app will activate a map connected to the NAU Police Communications Center so they can see where the caller is located.
- Reporting—Students can report crime tips.
- Safety escorts—Students, faculty and staff can contact the NAU Police Department (NAUPD) to request an escort service on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus.
- Motorist assistance—Contact information for help with motor vehicle assistance will be available.
For more information, current updates and a link to download the app, visit the NAUSafe website.