More than 3,700 students will receive their diplomas from Northern Arizona University this spring, with five ceremonies planned May 13 and 14 in Flagstaff and another in Yuma on May 13.
The Walkup Skydome is undergoing major remodeling—the first renovation since the structure was built in 1977—so spring’s ceremonies will take place in a large, temporary structure on south campus. Because the structure holds fewer people than the dome, tickets will be needed for guests, with each student receiving up to six. Ticket details can be found online.
Following is the spring commencement schedule:
- 1 p.m. Friday, May 13: All students for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 5 p.m. Friday, May 13: Bachelor’s students only for the colleges of Education and Arts and Letters
- 9 a.m. Saturday, May 14: Master’s and doctoral students only for the colleges of Education; Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences;
Health and Human Services; Business; Arts and Letters
- 1 p.m. Saturday, May 14: Bachelor’s students only for the College of Health and Human Services and The W.A. Franke College of Business
- 5 p.m. Saturday, May 14: Bachelor’s students only for the College of Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences; all students from
NAU-Yuma; and Master of Administration students.
- Students receiving Yuma degrees may also attend the Yuma campus ceremony at 8 p.m. Friday, May 13.
The NAU-Yuma campus ceremony will be held at 8 p.m. Friday, May 13, at the Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Details about commencement can be found online.