Northern Arizona University Information Technology Services has several updates to technology services as the Lumberjack community prepares for the Fall 2020 semester.
The directory has a new modern look and feel that provides a more dynamic search interface and adds more functions to personal profiles. The update includes:
- An improved search tool for finding departments, faculty and staff.
- Less maintenance for departments to keep faculty and staff profiles up-to-date.
- A new feature to add advisors, graduate assistants and other affiliates to a department directory.
On Aug. 10, NAUgo will launch new functions to provide tailored information for students. LOUIEgo will display course schedules, grades, advisor contacts and action items such as holds, to-do items and account balances. LOUIEgo will be offered in two different experiences:
- The Flagstaff Mountain Campus experience is intended for students on the Mountain Campus, and includes all of the current NAUgo content, as well as LOUIEgo within a fresh design.
- The Statewide experience provides information specific to statewide students, as well as LOUIEgo.
The NAUgo Guest experience (the current functionalities of NAUgo) will continue to offer content and remain available to NAU guests.
Transition to Udemy
As of July 1, NAU ITS no longer supports LinkedIn Learning, previously Lynda.com. The NAU community will still be able to access online instructional videos through Udemy. More information about this transition is forthcoming.
Looking ahead to July 2021, Skype for Business will no longer be supported by Microsoft. NAU ITS recommends the NAU Community to utilize Microsoft Teams as the preferred collaboration tool. The benefits include the following:
- Modern communication tools such as threaded conversations and instant messaging.
- Customized content for each team, work group or project.
- Co-authoring capabilities in Microsoft tools, including Word and Excel.
- Easily accessible files and shared storage inside Teams and at office.com.
- Robust online meeting tools.
Even though it will be a year, NAU ITS suggests switching to Microsoft Teams now to become familiar with the platform. For more information view the Microsoft Teams Overview, Microsoft Teams Demo, Microsoft Teams Training Videos or contack the ITS Service Desk at (928) 523-3335