Kudos to these students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Undergraduate researcher Jordyn Upton was invited to the national conference of the Council on Undergraduate Research in Washington. She was selected from more than 4,000 entries to present her Australian research project, “Revisiting wombat hair: molecularly tracking a burrowing marsupial through time.” Upton uses genetic methods to better understand this burrowing marsupial.
- A number of doctoral students in the School of Informatics, Computing and Cyber Systems working with professor Bertrand Cambou and the chief scientist of CipherLoc Corporation Abert Carlson, presented papers at the IEEE CCWC conference.
- Duane Booher and Christopher Philabaum co-authored “Dynamic key generation for polymorphic encryption.” Booher presented, and the paper was named the Best Paper Award in the Cryptography and Applied Mathematics category.
- Sareh Assiri, Dina Ghanai Miandoab, Mohammad Mohammadinodoushan and Booher co-authored “Key Exchange using ternary system to enhance security.” Assiri presented at the conference.
- NAU had 40 student-athletes honored with the Big Sky All-Academic Award. These students participated in at least half of the team’s competition, have 2 or higher GPA and completed at least one academic term.
- Football: Aaron Andrews, DJ Arnson, Brian Barry, Jake Casteel, Chase Laurita, Max Michalczik, Justis Stokes, Anthony Sweeney
- Volleyball: Jordan Anderson, Aubrea Bandfield, Ryann Davis, Brittni Dorsey, Kaylie Jorgenson, Sydney Lema, Abby Stomp
- Men’s cross country: Matt Baxter, Geordie Beamish, Tyler Day, Blaise Ferro, Kyle Havriliak, Ryan Raff
- Women’s cross country: Jesselyn Bries, Pipi Eitel, Jessa Hanson, Cassi Land, Jenna McCaffrey, Shannon Molvin, Delaney Rasmussen
- Soccer: Taryn Benham, Amanda Bennett, Victoria Cooper, Tatum Heeres, Kylie Kapustka, Sam Larberg, Paige Maling, Kambree Meskill, Alexis Moest, Madison Montgomery, Emma Robson, Kayla Terhune