Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu.
- Tim Smith, professor of music theory, recently developed and programmed a Flash animation component for the multimedia website DigitalBach.com that uses graphics, video and text to follow Bach’s manuscripts. Cuepoints: The Goldberg Variations is the work of scholars, artists and performers and integrates two world-class recordings—including a harpsichord performance, a fully annotated, movement-by-movement analysis, and a follow-along, animated first-edition score that enables viewers to experience the fullest scope of the theme-and-variations form.
- Three individuals from the College of Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences were featured in the “Minority College” edition of Diversity Careers in Engineering, Technology & IT magazine. Duane Bitsilly, a mechanical engineering major, is featured in a student profile piece. Alexis Baca-Spry, program coordinator for the Multicultural Engineering Program, and Wolf-Dieter Otte, associate professor of electrical engineering and computer science, were featured in an article about the success of NAU’s multicultural engineering program.
- Members of the Northern Arizona University community made a strong showing among the nearly 500 runners participating at last weekend’s annual Run for Life 5K and 10K to benefit Northland Hospice. Several faculty and staff members placed among the top three finishers for their age groups.
- In the women’s 10K, Margaret Montfort with ITS took first place in her age group. Assistant comptroller Heidi Jo Conto took second place in her age group, and Jean Marie Loverich Rieck with Biological Sciences took third place in hers.
- In the men’s 10K, biology professor George Koch placed second in his age group.
- In the women’s 5K, NAU police sergeant Melissa Freshour and Kathryn Wertz from Athletics each took first place in her age group; Claire Marquiss Nyce with the Education Technology Consortium took second place in her group; and Betsy Mennell, associate vice president for Advancement, Linda Stamer from the School of Music, and Bernice Frostwith Telecomm each placed third in her age group.
- In the men’s 5K, head soccer coach Andre Luciano and Miguel Garza with financial aid each placed third in his age group.