Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Mark Neumann, professor of creative media and film in the School of Communication, had his photographs selected for two international juried art exhibitions. Neumann’s work will be on exhibit at the Incubarte 7, Festival Internacional de Arte in Valencia, Spain, and the Los Angeles Center for Digital Art. Neumann’s photographs use prefabricated plastic figures set in natural wilderness and other existing landscapes to create a narrative scene on a micro scale that emerges through arrangement of the objects and photography.
- NAU Information Technology Services’ Student Computing and Networking team, sponsored by the Nexenta Corporation, was awarded a 2015 American Business Association bronze award in the category of Information Technology Department Team up to 2,500 employees. Team members include Tobias Kreidl, Heather Bell, Duane Booher, Kristopher Bullins, Timothy Cochran, Christopher Coffey, Gary McClellan, Rob Moser and William Wilson.
- Liza Aber and Roxie Nebel from the NAU Community Music and Dance Academy have qualified for the Genée International Ballet Competition in London. The dancers will compete in September and have the opportunity to work with world-renowned choreographers and perform on an international stage.
- Annette McGivney, senior lecturer in the School of Communication, had an article published in the July issue of Arizona Highways magazine. McGivney discusses citizen efforts to protect the area around Walnut Canyon National Monument. She also was interviewed by KJZZ radio in Phoenix.
- Cheyenne Adamonis, a junior in the School of Forestry, has been selected as the 2015 national student representative to the Society of American Foresters. She began her year-long term in May and was recently featured in The Forestry Source.