Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Twenty-five NAU employees recently completed the University Leadership Program, a nine-month series of seminars that brings together faculty, staff and administrators to discuss current issues in higher education. The program offers participants greater insight into the university’s mission and decision making processes, strategic planning and budgeting, and how NAU aligns with the Arizona Board of Regents’ vision for the university system.
This year’s participants are pictured above, along with program facilitators Dan Kain, vice provost for academic personnel, and Becky Butcher, project director for the Office of the President. Also pictured are NAU President John Haeger and Executive Vice President MJ McMahon who host each session.
The University Leadership Program’s Class of 2012-13 are:
- Cindy Anderson, Director, Housing and Residence Life
- Beth Applebee, Executive Director, Campus Medical Services
- Cynthia Brown, Assistant Director, Office of Public Affairs
- Rebecca Campbell, Director, University College
- Rosa Corona, Assistant Dean, NAU-Yuma
- Cindy Cox, Commander, University Police
- Debbie Craig, Associate Professor and Program Director, Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Laurie Dickson, Associate Vice Provost, Curriculum and Assessment
- Rosa Gomez-Dierks, Coordinator, Public Agency Management for NAU-Yuma
- Eck Doerry, Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Agnes Drogi, Director, Facility Services Planning and Construction
- Winnie Ennenga, Director, Grant and Contract Services
- Toni Fox, Stewardship Coordinator, University Development
- Alice Gibb, Professor, Biological Sciences
- Stephen Hart, Fiscal Operations Manager, NAU GEAR UP
- Thomas Hoisch, Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences
- Nancy Jensen, Assistant Director, NAU-Yavapai
- Harper Johnson, Information Technology Services
- Astrid Klocke, Associate Professor, Comparative Cultural Studies
- Michelle Parker, Associate General Counsel, Legal Affairs
- Jamie Patton, Director, Multicultural Student Center
- Dan Stoffel, Associate Director, e-Learning Center
- Gina Vance, Assistant Vice President, Extended Campuses
- Linda Wood, Associate Professor, History
- Stephen Wright, Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- An interview with Linda Shadiow, professor emeritus, was featured in the June 27 issue of the daily online newsletter Inside Higher Ed, in which she discussed her book, What Our Stories Teach Us: A Guide to Critical Reflection for College Faculty.