Jacks past, present and future will soon make their way to their Flagstaff home for a week filled with sports, fun and Lumberjack pride—Homecoming 2018 is right around the corner. With festivities beginning Oct. 21, students and alumni will have plenty of entertainment until the Northern Arizona University football team takes the field on Oct. 27.
Students and alumni can attend a multitude of events throughout the week, all of which keep traditions alive and the Lumberjack spirit high. Events such as the dedicatee brunch, carnival, alumni breakfast and parade all lead up to Saturday’s big game against Cal Poly.
Below is the Homecoming week schedule at a glance. The complete list of events can be found online at nau.edu/homecoming. Events marked with an asterisk are for students only.
Sunday, Oct. 21
- NAU Soccer vs. Idaho, Noon., Lumberjack Stadium
- Homecoming Dedicatee Brunch, 1 p.m., Ashurst Auditorium
- Bruce Fox, professor of forest management, was selected as the Homecoming Dedicatee by leaders of student organizations throughout campus for his exceptional service to the university and authentic and engaged support for students, their programs and their organizations. The community is invited to a public banquet honoring Fox. Tickets are $15 each and may be purchased through the Central Ticket Office.
Monday, Oct. 22
- Make It Monday*, 7 p.m., Union Point
- Join in on some DIY, ‘Jacks style. Free with an NAU ID, come to Union Point to create all things needed to show Lumberjack pride at the Homecoming game.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Ultimate Lumberjack Challenge*, 7 p.m., Prochnow Auditorium
- Dive-In Movie*, 9 p.m., Wall Aquatic Center: “Back to the Future”
Wednesday, Oct 24
- Mt. Joy Concert, 8 p.m., Prochnow Auditorium (tickets?)
Thursday, Oct. 25
- Bonfire and Chili Cook-off*, 7 p.m., Central Quad
- NAU Volleyball vs. Sacramento State, 7 p.m., Rolle Activity Center
Friday, Oct. 26
- Homecoming Carnival*, 4 p.m. to midnight, University Union Pedway, bring NAU student ID
- Lumberjack March, 5 p.m., City Hall, Downtown Flagstaff
- Homecoming Pep Rally, 5:30 p.m., Heritage Square, Downtown Flagstaff
Saturday, Oct. 27: Homecoming Day
- Flannels and Flapjacks*, 9 a.m., Central Quad
- Students can enjoy a free pancake buffet while supplies last. Please bring NAU ID for admission.
- Cafe au Louie, 9-11 a.m., 1899 Bar & Grill
- Alumni are invited to join classmates and friends for a buffet-style breakfast, followed by an up-close view of the Homecoming parade from the outdoor grandstands. Advanced admission is $10, but tickets may be bought at the door for $15. Registration for the event can be found online.
- Homecoming Parade, 11 a.m., NAU Campus perimeter
- Beginning at the corner of Knoles Drive and DuPont Avenue, “Jacks looking back” will come to life as floats, bands and more march through the streets of campus during the annual Homecoming parade. A detailed map of the parade route and available parking can be found here.
- NAU Volleyball vs. Portland State, Noon., Rolle Activity Center
- MakerLab demonstration, noon-2 p.m., Cline Library
- Special Collections and Archives, Noon, Cline Library
- Tailgating, 1-4 p.m., Walkup Skydome parking lot
- Food, fun and games are just around the corner for the whole family. Following the Homecoming parade, shuttle services will be available to the Skydome parking lot from the San Francisco parking garage.NAU
- Football vs. Cal Poly, 4 p.m., Walkup Skydome
- Cheer on the Lumberjacks as they take on Cal Poly at 4 p.m. in the Walkup Skydome. Tickets may be bought online or by contacting the NAU Central Ticket Office at (928) 523-5561.