More than 2,400 students have applied to graduate in NAU’s Fall 2022 commencement, which will take place in two ceremonies on Dec. 16.
The ceremonies are held in the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome (Bldg. 73), which will open 90 minutes before each ceremony. The clear bag policy will be in effect; all attendees, including guests, should familiarize themselves with the policy ahead of the event. For those unable to attend, the program will be live-streamed via NAU-TV.
Alicia Stewart Voytek, the associate vice president of Campus Living, will speak at both ceremonies. Commencement ceremonies will recognize candidates for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees as follows:
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Education
- College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences
- College of Health and Human Services
- NAU Online and NAU Yuma
- The W. A. Franke College of Business
What to know about travel and parking
Attendees traveling to NAU for commencement can subscribe to get up-to-the-minute information about traffic, parking, weather and emergencies through NAU’s texting system. To sign up, text “NAU” to 237233. Standard data rates apply. You will automatically stop receiving texts when the event is over. Visitors should plan for extra time to reach their destination so they can be at the Skydome in time for the ceremony.
On Friday, remember:
The busiest times to travel on campus will be roughly an hour before and after each ceremony. Driving on campus should be relatively hassle-free during ceremonies if you are able to take advantage of these times.
- If you do not need to drive on or through campus on Friday, please consider an alternate route.
- If you must drive on campus on Friday, please give yourself extra time to reach your destination and understand that you may not be able to take a direct route.
Parking is available at multiple locations across campus as well as shuttles from the South Commuter parking lot (P62) and the San Francisco parking garage (P96). ADA parking is available in the Skydome parking lot P66 accessible via Lone Tree Road. A map can be found online. NAU parking has designated specific traffic patterns for the commencement ceremony:
- From I-40 east, take exit 191. Follow Route 66, turn left on Milton Road and then right on Butler Ave. to gain access to parking on campus.
- From I-40 west, take exit 198. Turn left on Butler Ave. to gain access to parking on campus.
- From I-17 north, take exit 339. Turn right on Lake Mary Road, left on J.W. Powell Blvd., left on Lone Tree Road and finally left on Pine Knoll Drive. Attendees can also take exit 341. Turn right on Milton Road and then turn right to gain access to university parking.
- The Skydome parking lot (P66) is reserved for individuals with disabilities.
- Participants and guests are encouraged to download the NAUgo app in order to keep commencement ceremony information at your fingertips. Download it from the App Store or Google Play.