Northern Arizona University’s Diversity and Equity Awards were presented March 29 at du Bois Center.
The awards recognize important contributions by students, faculty and staff to diversity issues.
The President’s Ethnic Diversity Awards recognize faculty, staff and students who educate the campus community on ethnic issues, serve as role models for the appreciation of diversity and encourage ethnic diversity. Winners of the 2006-07 awards are:
- Tara Green, assistant professor of English and ethnic studies
- Native American Business Organization, a student organization
- Diana Junius, program coordinator, Center for International Education
The Commission on the Status of Women presented its Outstanding Achievement and Contribution Awards to individuals who have made significant contributions to women’s leadership development. The 2006-07 winners are:
- Laurie Kelly, head women’s basketball coach
- Lisa Downey, program coordinator for Educational Support, Mohave County
The University ADA Committee Appreciation Award were presented to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the NAU disability community. The winners are:
- Kamran Mousavi, parks and recreation management major and undergraduate research assistant at the Ecological Restoration Institute
- Christopher Lanterman, lecturer, College of Education
- Susan Marks, associate professor, College of Education
In addition to the awards, several student scholarships were awarded by the Institute for Native Americans and by the Commission on the Status of Women.