More than 2,100 students have applied to graduate in NAU’s Fall 2023 commencement, which will take place in two ceremonies on Dec. 15.
The ceremonies are held in the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome (Bldg. 73), which will open 90 minutes before each ceremony. The clear bag policy will be in effect; all attendees, including guests, should familiarize themselves with the policy ahead of the event. For those unable to attend, the program will be live-streamed via NAU-TV.
Sharon Singer Doctor, director of student life experience in the Office of Indigenous Student Success and the 2023 Homecoming dedicatee, will speak at both ceremonies. Commencement ceremonies will recognize candidates for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees as follows:
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Education
- College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
- NAU Yuma and Personalized Learning
- The W. A. Franke College of Business
What to know about travel and parking
Attendees traveling to NAU for commencement can get up-to-the-minute information about traffic, parking, weather, emergencies and other commencement-related questions by texting “Hi” to 833-511-0151 to contact our AI chatbot, Cappy. Learn more at the NAU Commencement website.
On Friday, remember:
The busiest times to travel on campus will be roughly an hour before and after each ceremony. Driving on campus should be relatively hassle-free during ceremonies if you are able to take advantage of these times.
- If you do not need to drive on or through campus on Friday, please consider an alternate route.
- If you must drive on campus on Friday, please give yourself extra time to reach your destination and understand that you may not be able to take a direct route.
Parking is available at multiple locations across campus as well as shuttles from the South Commuter parking lot (P62) and the San Francisco parking garage (P96). ADA parking is available in the Skydome parking lot P66 accessible via Lone Tree Road. A map can be found online. NAU parking has designated specific traffic patterns for the commencement ceremony:
- From I-40 east, take exit 191. Follow Route 66, turn left on Milton Road and then right on Butler Ave. to gain access to parking on campus.
- From I-40 west, take exit 198. Turn left on Butler Ave. to gain access to parking on campus.
- From I-17 north, take exit 339. Turn right on Lake Mary Road, left on J.W. Powell Blvd., left on Lone Tree Road and finally left on Pine Knoll Drive. Attendees can also take exit 341. Turn right on Milton Road and then turn right to gain access to university parking.
- The Skydome parking lot (P66) is reserved for individuals with disabilities.
- Participants and guests are encouraged to download the NAUgo app in order to keep commencement ceremony information at your fingertips. Download it from the App Store or Google Play.