Last week, classified staff employees at Northern Arizona University flocked to the annual CSAC employee appreciation mixer to enjoy food, door prizes, awards and table displays by departments from across campus, many of which included games like corn hole, slinky races, spin-the-wheel and bag tosses.
NAU News also had a booth at the event and challenged employees to sum up their NAU experience in just five words. Prompts included what brought you to NAU, what you love about your job or why you choose to stay. We had more than 60 submissions; here are 15 of our favorites. Didn’t get a chance to participate? Submit your five-word NAU story by commenting below.
While employees helped themselves to the taco bar, peer recognition awards were given out. These awards offer NAU staff members a way to acknowledge and express appreciation for coworkers who make a difference in everyday work life. Below are this year’s recipients:
- Shawntell Adkins, Online and Community Campus Advising
- Shannon Bailey, Campus Health Services
- Robbin Cooley, Online and Community Campus Advising
- Brian Eekhott, Parking and Shuttle Services
- Susan Gillette, Admissions
- Joelle Good, School of Music
- Kenneth MacFerren, Property Surplus
- Mailani Magana, Postal Services
- Steven Magana, Facility Services-Custodial Shop
- Christina Mason, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs-Chandler/Gilbert
- Maria Parra, Facility Services-Custodial Shop
- Max Pitroff, Human Resources
- Jennifer Saunders, School of Music
- Cheryl Schrader, Housing and Residence Life-North Hall
- Mikal Thompson, Professional Education Programs
- Deanna Tso, Facility Services, Custodial Shop
- Deeda Webster, Enrollment Services Student Affairs-Estrella Mountain
If you are an NAU classified staff employee and would like to be a part of the advisory council, nomination forms can be found online.