Northern Arizona University’s benefits enrollment will be open from Oct. 26 until Nov. 13, allowing employees to make changes to their health care plan that will take effect January 1, 2016.
Open enrollment is the only opportunity each year to make changes to benefits coverage without a qualified life event.
Changes in monthly health care premiums and the addition of a fourth tier for Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage were made to control benefit cost and prepare for the 2018 Cadillac Tax, which is part of the Affordable Care Act. The new tier structure provides employees more options for selecting dependent coverage specific to their needs.
Blue Cross Blue Shield benefit changes, which go into effective Jan. 1, are as follows:
- Employee only premium increasing approximately $7 per month
- Employee plus adult premium increasing approximately $19 per month
- Employee plus child premium decreasing approximately $22 per month
- Employee plus family premium increasing approximately $33 per month
Employees participating in the highest level of HealthyU, open to NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield enrollees, will receive a taxable incentive payment of $21.66 per month for 2016.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield plan:
- Provides out of network access if needed with a lower deductible than the state’s PPO
- Remains the only plan with a network that includes the Campus Health Center with an office visit for a low $10 copay, a 50 percent reduction in normal provider copay.
No actions are required for employees who are satisfied with medical, dental, vision, life and short term disability elections. Re-enrollment in flexible spending accounts is required each year.
For information, visit the open enrollment webpage or contact Human Resources at (928) 523-2223.