Runke Drive on the Northern Arizona University campus will close Monday, March 7, as construction of a new residence hall continues. The closure is scheduled to remain in effect until August 2017.
During the closure, vehicle traffic will not be able to use Runke Drive between San Francisco street and Knoles Drive. To accommodate non-motorized traffic, a pathway is being opened along the same route for pedestrians and bikes.
Additional details are as follows:
- Runke Drive will be closed on the west end starting at about the left turn into McKay Village to near Building 49 Anthropology and 47A Surplus/ROTC.
- Traffic turning off Knoles Drive heading east will be able to access McKay Village parking lot P32A. Exiting will be reverse of the entry path, driving west toward Knoles Drive. There will be no access from Knoles Drive to San Francisco Street.
- Traffic turning off San Francisco Street heading west will be able to access Building 47A to ROTC, Family Violence Center, Property Surplus and Construction Management C4P lab and parking lot P38. Exiting from this area will be the reverse of the entry path, driving east toward San Francisco Street. There will be no access from San Francisco Street to Knoles Drive.
- Traffic turning off of University Drive heading south will be able to access parking lots P33A and P33 (parking for McKay Village and Reilly Hall). Exiting from this area will be the reverse of the entry path, driving north toward University Drive. There will be no access from University Drive to Runke Drive.
- A pedestrian pathway will be provided in the closed section of Runke Drive for pedestrians traveling east and west between San Francisco Street and Knoles Drive.
- Pedestrian traffic along the east sidewalk of Knoles Drive will be closed directly adjacent to the construction site. Pedestrians will need to cross over on the crosswalks to the west sidewalk for that portion of the sidewalk.