The Fieldhouse is getting an upgrade to fire life safety systems and an update for student service departments that call it home.
The 50-year-old structure will be fitted with new fire alarms and sprinklers, while locker rooms will get new finishes and lockers. Renovation on the second floor includes removal of nearly all walls, flooring and ceilings, giving way for more space for all programs to return to in August.
The gym will remain open during construction with minimal disruptions, and may be accessed through the north doors.
Departments in the Fieldhouse have been temporarily relocated across campus at the following:
- North Student Learning Center – Health and Learning Center, room 3113
- Transfer and Commuter Services – Health and Learning Center, room 4103 and 3rd floor lounge
- Peer Jacks Mentoring – Health and Learning Center, room 4103 and 3rd floor lounge
- Supplemental Instruction – Health and Learning Center,room 3111
- Educational Support Services and Programs Administration – Health and Learning Center, room 2407
- Upward Bound, Four Corners, Talent Search, Nizhoni and Arizona Earn to Learn – University Services Building, third floor
- Military and Veterans Affairs – Hotel and Restaurant Management, room 108D
- SUN Entertainment – University Union, Oak Creek Room
- Sodexo Catering – University Union, suite 213
- Sodexo Human Resources – du Bois Center, offices 110 and 114