Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
E-mail your announcements to Inside@nau.edu, or use our online submission form.
- Lisa Campos, vice president for Intercollegiate Athletics, has been selected to the 2014-15 National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators Board of Directors. Under Campos’ leadership NAU has captured 52 conference championships and two consecutive Big Sky President’s Cup Awards. Campos began her four-year board term this month.
- Robert LeMoyne, post-doctoral scholar, is the recipient of the City of Flagstaff Disability Awareness Commission’s Professional Worker of the Year. The award was presented at the Commission’s 21st annual awards banquet held at the High Country Conference Center.
- Kristen Swanson, professor in the School of Communication, has published a book chapter, “Souvenirs, Tourists and Tourism,” in The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism.
- NAU’s English department was well represented at the recent Arizona Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages conference. English professor Randi Reppen was the conference’s keynote speaker and professor Fredricka Stoller and vice president for research, William Grabe, delivered a joint featured speaker address.
Harun Mehmedinovic, an instructor for the School of Communication, had his time-lapse video of Arizona’s The Wave featured on BBC Earth. The film was shot as part of his location photography class. View the video here.
- Martin D. Sommerness, professor of journalism, had his article “The NAU College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Continues a Tradition of Innovation with the Initiation of Two New Pre-Law Minors,” published in the fall 2014 issue of WAPLA, the publication of the Western Association of Pre-Law Advisers.