The NAU Police Department is warning faculty, staff and students about vehicle burglaries that have been taking place on campus during the last week.
The burglaries have occurred mainly in the central campus area and have involved breaking a side window to the vehicle.
If you have any information regarding the burglaries, call NAUPD at 523-3611. If you see anything suspicious of feel unsafe, call the NAUPD emergency line at 523-3000.
Safety and security tips
NAUPD offers these tips to protect your car and valuables:
- If possible park in well-traveled and well-lit areas.
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle or ignition, and keep your home and car keys separate.
- Always lock your vehicle and secure your windows. Consider installing anti-theft or alarm devices on your vehicle.
- Remove items of value from your vehicle or place them out of sight, even if the vehicle is locked. Put the items in the trunk of the vehicle or take them with you.
- Check on your vehicle regularly.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Copy your license plate and vehicle identification numbers and keep them with you.
- Keep a list of the brand name and serial numbers for items such as your car stereo.