April 4, 2019
Northern Arizona University Athletics announced a new tradition: the celebration of its inaugural NAU Champions Week beginning April 8. This week recognizes each of NAU’s championship teams from the preceding fall and spring semesters.
The celebratory week will include social media recognition for all of the recent Lumberjack championship-winning programs and culminate with the Champions Reception at 3 p.m. April 11 in the DuBois Center. The reception is free and open to the public; guest parking permits for the reception can be accessed online.
NAU Athletics racked up a total of seven Big Sky titles, regular and postseason combined, as well as adding a Western Athletic Conference championship in swimming and diving. Big Sky champions included women’s tennis, men’s and women’s outdoor track, men’s cross country, women’s volleyball and men’s indoor track.
NAU cheerleading won the University World Cup Cheerleading Championship in the Premiere All-Girl Division last January in Orlando.
Three-time NCAA National Champion men’s cross country team will be honored during a special dinner event on April 14 at Whisk & Whisky. The team captured their third straight NCAA national championship, and student-athletes Andy Trouard and Geordie Beamish will be spotlighted as individual NCAA national champions for their performances at the indoor and outdoor events. For more information regarding the men’s cross country dinner event, contact Katie Colombini at firstname.lastname@example.org or (928) 523-6151.
NAU Champions Week social media schedule
- Women’s Tennis (Big Sky regular season)
- Cheerleading (UCA College Nationals)
- Men’s Outdoor Track (Big Sky postseason)
- Women’s Outdoor Track (Big Sky postseason)
- Andy Trouard (NCAA National Champion, 3000 meters)
- Men’s Cross Country (Big Sky postseason and NCAA National Champions)
- Volleyball (Big Sky regular season and postseason)
- Swim & Dive (WAC postseason)
- Men’s Indoor Track (Big Sky postseason)
- Geordie Beamish (NCAA National Champion, mile)