Kudos to these alumni
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Cave Creek Unified School District honored Steve Bebee, Cactus Shadows High School (CSHS) principal, during National Principals Month. Bebee graduated from NAU with his master’s degree in educational leadership in 2002. This is Bebee’s ninth year as principal of CSHS and 22nd year in the education field.
- Dan Londo graduated with a bachelor of science in education: career and technical education degree in May 2015 and then completed a master’s of education in the same program in May 2016. He was one of the first group of “accelerated master’s” students to graduate from this program. One of Londo’s goals was to open a private welding school to provide students a common-sense based curriculum so they can become employed as soon as possible. Londo achieved this goal and will have been in operation for a full year as of January. Londo has a 100 percent pass rate for every student who has taken the practical welding exam and the City of Los Angeles written exam in the first year.
- Andrew Surrena, recent vocal performance graduate, recently landed the role of Alfredo in Sarasota Opera’s production of Verdi’s La traviata that will debut in November. Surrena will return to Sarasota Opera later in the season as Nando in Eugene d’Albert’s Tiefland.
- Each Homecoming the Northern Arizona University Alumni Association bestows NAU Alumni awards on alumni who have distinguished themselves through excellence in their careers, performed extraordinary community service and volunteerism and embodied and promoted the spirit of the university. This year, 18 alumni will be receiving the awards from a variety of departments:
College of Education
- Gary Damore, 1974,1978, 2001
- Richard Smith, 1972, 1978, 1993
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- James Jayne, 1991
- Kim Alexander, 1995, 1997
- Tyrone Thompson, 1989
- Rebecca Seeger, 1980, 2013
- Mike Beatty, 1977
- Tim Kinney, 1982
- Keven Willey, 1980
- Todd Whitney, 2015
College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
- Theodore J. Schaefer, 1975, 1984
- Kristi Andreassen Guy, 2010
- Michael Haynes, 1980
- 2003 football team
Franke College of Business
- Paige Lund, 1993
- John Ferron, 1986
- Jim Travis, 1970