Kudos to these faculty, staff and students
Do you have a spotlight item to share with the NAU community?
- Julie Gess-Newsome, director for the Center for Science Teaching and Learning, has accepted Gov. Janet Napolitano’s invitation to serve as a member of the Advisory Council for the new Arizona STEM Education Center.
- Eric Yordy, interim associate dean of The W.A. Franke College of Business, had an article titled “Fixing Free Exercise: A Compelling Need to Relieve the Current Burdens,” analyzing religious freedom and law in the lawsuit related to snow making on the San Francisco Peaks, accepted by the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly. It will be published in the fall 2008 issue.
- Spanish professor Bob Neustadt will lecture at the Salvador Allende Arts Festival for Peace at the University of Toronto on Sept 10. Neustadt will discuss Chilean art created under dictatorships. The festival commemorates the 35th anniversary of the military coup in Chile on Sept. 11, 1973.
- The artwork of Rodrigo De Toledo, an assistant professor in the School of Communication, who teaches intermedia arts and design and experience design, is featured in the current online NY Arts Magazine. His work also will be included in the 2008 NY Arts Annual Catalog that is distributed throughout the United States, Europe and China. De Toledo’s work also is part of Artoteque.com’s iBiennial of Contemporary Art exhibit.
- J. Judson Wynne, doctoral student in biology and cave research scientist with the Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research, was featured earlier this month in El Mercurio de Santiago, a national newspaper in Chile.