Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit proposals for the Hooper Sustainability Awards. Proposed projects should involve research, education or service activity conducted on-campus or off-campus by current NAU students. Projects should emphasize actual outcomes—solutions that advance sustainability on campus or in the region. Selected proposals will receive up to $2,500 to execute the project.
Applicants are encouraged to propose projects in the following areas:
- NAU campus sustainability
- local community-based sustainability projects
- environmentally sustainable business practices
- environmental health in tribal and rural communities
- natural resources and ecosystem science/management
Examples of past projects include an organic vegetable garden on campus, a film about the globalization of food systems, technical and economic analyses of wind energy potential and development of wind-powered rural water filtration.
The deadline to submit a project proposal is 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 24.
For information and applications, click here.