It might be cold outside, but there will be plenty of warmth at the annual President’s Holiday Reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 9, in the High Country Conference Center.
John and Cecily Haeger invite the entire NAU family to enjoy some great food and holiday cheer and contribute to a worthy cause at the same time. Once again, the reception will include the Mountain of Giving, a donation center for community organizations. Non-perishable foods also are being accepted for a local food bank.
Suggestions for gift donations to NAU’s annual Mountain of Giving
- Children’s toys
- Teenagers who are often overlooked during holiday gift drives. Gift cards from Wal-Mart and Target are great for them.
NAU Senior Companion Program/Foster Grandparents
- Warm clothing in various sizes including sweaters and sweatshirts/pants
- Socks, slippers, gloves, hats
- Lip balm
- Canned Nuts
- Gift Cards
- Crossword puzzle books
Northland Family Help Center
The center provides women, children and teens with shelter, food, counseling and support in their time of need. Often they don’t have the basic necessities of life, and the holidays can be especially difficult.
Consult the agency’s gift registries at Target, Kohl’s and Wal-Mart for gift ideas.
Other gift suggestions include:
- Gift cards for food
- Gift cards for clothing
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Pre-paid gasoline cards
- Movie tickets
- New make-up, hair bands, bows, clips
- Therapeutic spa kits (loofa, body wash, bath salts)
- Male teen razor, shaving cream, deodorant
- Women’s sweat suits (especially larger sizes)
- Women’s bath robes and slippers
- New socks and undergarments (women’s, teen’s and children’s)
- Clothing for Teens: sweaters; shoes and boots; pajamas
Board games for school-age and older children