With classes starting Monday and new and returning Lumberjacks back in Flagstaff, learn more about Northern Arizona University’s campus life and student body. These numbers are unofficial; they’ll change throughout the next several weeks.
- Fall 2017 semester begins Monday, Aug. 28.
- Move-in for incoming freshmen began Tuesday, Aug. 22.
- NAU’s total enrollment this year is more than 30,800 students:
- Flagstaff campus—22,244
- Phoenix Biomedical Campus—360
- Remainder on campuses throughout the state, including Prescott and Yuma
- There are nearly 5,900 first-year students enrolling at NAU this year.
- Up approximately 5% this year
- Approximately 5,800 at the Flagstaff mountain campus
- Hundreds of Welcome Jacks are assisting new students with move-in.
- They include ASNAU, sororities and fraternities, student-athletes, and student clubs and organizations
- This year, NAU will house 9,853 students on the Flagstaff campus.
- NAU remains in the top 1% of the nation for total on-campus housing capacity, with more new student housing on the horizon.
- 90% of NAU freshmen in the Flagstaff live on campus.
- The SkyView residence hall opens this fall, housing 627 students and adding 700 parking spaces to campus.
- The NAU Honors College Living and Learning Community is scheduled to open in fall 2018.
- Set to house 630 students
- About 69% of students attending NAU are Arizona residents.
- Demographic breakdown:
- 3% American Indian/Alaska Native
- 2% Asian
- 3% Black/African American
- 23% Hispanic/Latino
- 1% Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
- 58% White
- 5% 2 or more races
- 4% International
- 1% Not specified
- Counties incoming freshmen are from:
- Apache, Cochise, Coconino, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, Yavapai, Yuma
- NAU has students from nearly every state in the United States.
- <1% of freshmen are international students from countries such as:
- Bolivia, India, Kuwait, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Taiwan/China, Uganda, United Arab Emirates